Some local roads in the Glen of Aherlow will be closed in August to facilitate the Tipperary Motor Club Hill Climb Event to be staged on the 19th and 20th of August. The event is expected to have at least 80 competitors each day and such an event has not been held in the Glen for almost 20 years. Cars including Rally Cars and Formula 1, 2 and 3 standard will take part in a timed event on closed roads in the area to establish a winner. The event forms part of the National Hill Climbing Championships.
Tipperary County Council has posted the details of the temporary road closure and is now advising that any objections to the proposed temporary closure may be submitted in writing to Road Closures, Roads & Transportation, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh not later than 12 noon on Thursday 27 July 2023 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The road closures will be in effect from 8.30am on Saturday 19 August to 6.30pm on August 20th. Specifically, the closures are as follows –
- R664-2 Golf Course Road Ballyglass, from the junction with L-4108-0
- Scaleen to the junction with R-663-2 Gortavoher West
- L-8214-0 Cordangan from the junction with R664-2 Golf Course Road, Ballyglass to the junction with L-8324-0, Ballagh.
- L-8109-0 from the junction of R-664-2 Golf Course Road, Ballyglass to the junction with L-8108-0 Clonpet.
- The L-8110-0 Newtown from the junction with the R664-1 Gortavoher to the car park of the Aherlow house Hotel