Scope of our Personal Data Notice
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of GDPR.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. The data protection representative is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Tipperary Midwest Community Radio collecting/processing their personal data.
2. All Staff of Tipperary Midwest Community Radio who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subjects attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. The controller of the processing is Tipperary Midwest Community Radio, Community Services Centre, St. Michael’s St., Tipperary, E34 K156, Ireland.
Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
1. Privacy notice
Who are we?
Tipperary Midwest Community Radio is a co-op registered in the Republic of Ireland.
Our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data we would like to collect from you depending on your enquiry is:
Personal data type:
Data subject (you) via e-mail
|Mobile number||Data subject (you) when you send a SMS to our mobile number|
Data subject (you) via your web browser
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- contacting you in relation to your general enquiry
- contacting you in relation to your programme contribution
- Analysis of visitor traffic to and usage of our website
- Marketing or commercial purposes when you explicitly sign up to receive this material.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- explicit consent expressed when completing and sending the enquiry form
- explicit consent indicated when signing up for marketing communications
- Legitimate interest for website traffic analysis
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
No special categories of personal data is expressly collected unless submitted as part of a curriculum vitae.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Tipperary Midwest Community Radio to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection representative at Tipperary Midwest Community Radio (listed above).
Tipperary Midwest Community Radio will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent.
2. Retention period
Tipperary Midwest Community Radio will process personal data for the length of time it takes to process your query to a maximum of 1 (one)year.
3. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or are processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Tipperary Midwest Community Radio refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
- You can send any request regarding your rights by emailing email@example.com
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Tipperary Midwest Community Radio (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Tipperary Midwest Community Radio’s data protection representatives.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
Supervisory authority contact details
GDPR Owner contact details
Data Protection Commissioner
Tipperary Mid West Community Radio
Community Services Centre
St. Michael’s St.,
+353 57 868 4800
+353 62 52555
5. Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data here:
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Tipperary Mid West Community Radio, will collect and use your personal data for dealing with your general enquiry or programme contribution.
Why does Tipperary Midwest Community Radio need to collect and store personal data?
We collect and store personal data in order to respond to your general enquiry or process your solicited or unsolicited programme contribution or when you sign-up to receive marketing communications. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Tipperary Midwest Community Radio share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Tipperary Midwest Community Radio in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the purposes specified by us. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Tipperary Midwest Community Radio’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Tipperary Mid West Community Radio use the personal data it collects about me?
Tipperary Mid West Community Radio will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will try to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Tipperary Midwest Community Radio is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Does Tipperary Mid West Community Radio store my information outside of the EU/EEA?
Our web analytics provider, Google Analytics, stores IP addresses including the IP address you used to access this site on servers in the United States of America.
Under what circumstances will Tipperary Midwest Community Radio contact me?
We will contact you in relation to your general enquiry or your programme contribution. We will send you marketing communications when you explicitly consent to receive these communications.
How do you use Google Analytics on this site and can I opt-out?
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help Tipperary Mid West Community Radio analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You may opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics by installing this browser extension: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How do you use SoundCloud?
On our pages, for example, Podcasts, plugins of the SoundCloud social network (SoundCloud Limited, Berners House, 47-48 Berners Street, London W1T 3NF, UK) may be integrated. The SoundCloud plugins can be recognized by the SoundCloud logo on our site.
If you do not want SoundCloud to associate your visit to our site with your SoundCloud account, please log out of your SoundCloud account.
How do you use YouTube?
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
How do you use Google Web Fonts?
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our site. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Tipperary Mid West Community Radio at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Tipperary Midwest Community Radio does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Tipperary Mid West Radio or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Tipperary Mid West Community Radio accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport, national ID, driving license, birth certificate.