Fianna Fáil TD Welcomes €3.6 Million Funding For Housing Adaptation Grants

67

Fianna Fáil TD Jackie Cahill is today welcoming an allocation of over €3.6 million in funding for Housing Adaptation Grants in County Tipperary.   The Housing Adaptation Grant for Older People and Disabled People assists with the necessary adaptations, repairs or improvement works in order to make the accommodation more suitable to the needs of older and disabled people supporting them to live in their homes.

In total €93 million worth of funding has been announced, which will deliver 13,000 grants nationwide. 

80% of the grant comes from Exchequer funding through the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage with the remaining 20% in funding provided by Tipperary County Council  administrators of  the scheme locally.

The Thurles based TD also highlights that the grants provide a boost to the local economy, creating employment opportunities for local contractors.  Grants are available at a rate of up to €30,000  to assist disabled people carry out necessary works to make a house more suitable for their needs, grants of up to €8,000 are available to assist older people to have home  repairs or improvements carried out and grants of up to €6,000 are available for mobility aids.