New Information Boards Installed In Tipperary Hills

316

Seven new information boards have been installed in the Tipperary Hills area.

The work is the final part of infrastructure installation included in the Tipperary Hills Enhancement project.

The boards are scattered along the pathways and feature text and photographs with the text in both English and Irish.

The information displayed was compiled by Dr Des Marnane and with photography and the layout design completed by Elaine Fitzpatrick of Fitzpatrick Printers Tipperary town.

The photographs are sourced from Tipperary People Publications. The attractive signs were manufactured by Sapphire Signs based in Rathmore, County Kerry.

Each of the signs covers a different theme –  the development of the Tipperary Hills as community property, the history of the Tipperary Pitch & Putt Club, the Norman Motte, Michael Edmond who was killed by the Crown forces in 1920 on the Tipperary Hills and the War of Independence in Tipperary town, St John’s Famine Graveyard, Clanwilliam Rugby Club founded in 1897 and the now demolished Fever Hospital and Schools.