Planning Application Lodged At Former Tipperary Town Glove Factory

1167
Site of the former Glove Factory, Tipperary Town (Image: Google Maps 2020)

A planning application has been lodged in respect of the former Glove Factory on James Street, Tipperary Town.

The application is in the name of Abercorn Developments Ltd, a firm that are also involved in a project at the Irish House on Main Street. 

The Glove Factory application seeks permission to demolish the existing two-storey extension at the rear.  The chimney internally would also be removed and the chimney above the roof would be reinstated to its original state.

The development would see the ground floor changed to a commercial unit and the first and second floors changed to residential. The building is a listed protected structure – number 47 on the Tipperary register of protected structures and dates back to the 1860s.