Fight-fighters Attended Fire At Cashel Restaurant Last Night

840

Tipperary Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire at Chez Hans Restaurant in Cashel last night.

There are no reports of any injuries and the extent of the damage is yet to be assessed.

It is understood that the fire began in the boiler room. The alarm was raised shortly before 11pm – the fire was quickly brought under control and fire service personnel were back at base by 2am.

The incident may cause a closure for a period as repairs are undertaken.

The family run restaurant is located close to the Rock of Cashel on Moor lane in a Synod Hall originally built in 1861.

The restaurant is renowned for its cuisine and has been in operation since 1968.