Several Tipp Licences Premises Secure Funds For Nightlife Economy

55

A number of licenced premises in county Tipperary are amongst the successful applicants for the new €4 million Night Time Economy Support Scheme.

The government Scheme provides funding to assist in providing off peak entertainment in towns and cities.

A total of 433 organisations have been offered funding and the scheme was open to licensed and unlicensed premises such as, cafés, theatres, arts centres, galleries, museums and retail outlets.

The successful Tipperary applicants are Kate Ryan’s Limited, The Coachman and Lonergans  in Clonmel, CWB music promoters Birdhill,  Hickeys Bar Thurles, The Wytchway Inn Holycross, Noel Ryans Pub Thurles and Tipperary town and Kickham House Tipperary town.

The scheme provided 75% of the required funding, with applicants required to fund the remaining 25%. A maximum allowable grant of €10,000 per business or venue was available. It was a condition of funding that all artists and performers were paid. A total of 472 applications for funding were received. Well in excess of 2,000 events will now be delivered across the country.