Tipp Mid-West Radio
Programme Controller / Assistant Manager
Tipp Mid-West Radio, St. Michael’s Street, Tipperary Town is seeking applications for the position of Programme Controller / Assistant Manager
This is a FULL-TIME position (39 hours per week) – Monday to Friday each week.
- This position requires the successful candidate to take full responsibility of the daily programme schedule by ensuring all programmes are filled by suitable staff / volunteer presenters and to coordinate presenters during absences. The candidate will also have some responsibility for programme content and in the training of new presenters and continuing quality control
- Continuity broadcasting (e.g. News / Death Notices), as required
- Other programme presentation may be required, as decided by Management
- Scheduling, trafficking and computer input of daily on-air advertising
- Assisting the Manager in daily administrative duties, as required.
- This is a non-exhaustive list of duties, and the successful candidate may be required to undertake other appropriate duties, as required by the Manager.
This position requires a number of professional and personal attributes including, but not limited to the following:
- Candidates should have very good general I.T. skills
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of the Community Radio sector & broadcasting industry
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Be flexible, and willing to take on duties at short notice, as required
- Ability to work under own initiative and independently on projects assigned
How To Apply
Closing date for applications is 3 p.m. on Friday, 29th October 2021
Applicants should send a Cover Letter & up to date C.V. to:
OR BY POST TO:
The Manager, Tipp Mid-West Radio, St. Michael’s Street, Tipperary Town